by Jennifer Searle (TOPEKA, Kan.)
Several Kansas businesses will receive "Pollution Prevention" awards from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
The following businesses are being recognized for their efforts in polution prevention:
- Frito-Lay, Inc., Topeka
- Via Christi Regional Medical Center, Wichita
- Schwan's Global Supply Chain, Inc., Salina
- LSI Corporation, Wichita
- Hallmark Cards, Inc., Leavenworth
- Congregation of St. Joseph - Wichita Center, Wichita
- Owens Corning Insulating Systems, LLC, Kansas City
- Florence Manufacturing Company, Manhattan
- Waste Management, Inc., Wichita
- Walgreens, Wichita
- Sedgwick County Environmental Resources, Wichita
- K-State Pollution Prevention Institute, Wichita
KDHE Secretary Roderick Bremby will hand out the awards August 19th. It will happen at a luncheon schedulef for 12:15 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency in Wichita.