The decision to start hospice care is not an easy one to make. Beginning hospice care in a timely manner is an important key to its success.
Even though the decision is not an easy one. Many hospice patients are ambulatory and only require occasional assistance at the time they are admitted into the hospice program. The hospice benefit as approved by Medicare is not limited in terms of time.
Patients and families express more satisfaction with hospice care when services start earlier. Referring to hospice sooner provides access to the full scope of hospice services available for patients and families.
- 24 Hours a Day, Seven Days a Week On-Call Care & Support.
- Physician Directed Services
- Pain and Symptom Management
- Bereavement Services
- Wound Care Program
- Medical Equipment & Supplies
- Medical Social Services
- Spiritual, Emotional and Crisis Counseling
- Authorized Inpatient Care
- Physical, Occupational, Speech and Respiratory Therapies
- Respite Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Pet Therapy
- Children's Bereavement Camp