(SEDGWICK COUNTY, Kan.) — A business in the 3200 block of North Mead in Wichita was evacuated after a chemical spill. The hot weather caused a heat-sensitive chemical to expand and spill out of its container. Sedgwick County Fire Division Chief Carl Cox says employees of the business discovered the problem at around nine o'clock Monday morning.
One firefighter fell on the floor and was exposed to the chemical. He was taken to a hospital to be checked out. Other businesses in the area had to temporarily turn off their air conditioners until air quality checks could be finished.