(WICHITA, Kan.) — A night-light is blamed for a fire late Sunday night that sent a man to the hospital.
Fire crews were called to the home in the 3200 block of south Knight around 11:30 Sunday night. Investigators say a man woke up to the smell of smoke. He went to another bedroom where he found a bed on fire.
While the man made it out of the home, firefighters say he was overcome by the smoke. The man was taken to a Wichita hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation. The man was the only person at home and no one was in the bedroom where the fire happened.
Investigators say it appears a night-light was too close to some bedding. They say the light shorted out and caught the bedding on fire.