(WICHITA, Kan.) — Wichita Festivals Inc. is looking for new events for next year's Riverfest.
The group says new events should not duplicate events currently held during Riverfest and meet the must mee the following criteria:
- the location should preferably be in the downtown river core area; off-site locations will be considered depending on the nature of the event.
- must provide quality entertainment at a reasonable price – both to the participant and the sponsor;
- must attract and sustain community involvement and be attractive to diverse audiences, both culturally and age specific.
- fund raising events are prohibited.
- all WFI timelines outlined in the event development process must be met in order for the event to be included in the Riverfest schedule.
New ideas must be submitted using the Riverfest New Event Proposal and Budget form which can be found at www.wichitariverfest.com. The deadline for submission to WFI is 5:00 pm, November 1. Those submitting completed information will be contacted by WFI to further explore the idea outlined. Any questions regarding the process should be directed to Kathryn Ewing, Director of Events, (316) 267-2817, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.