(Wichita, Kan.) —
Wichita fire investigators say a deadly mobile home fire late Friday night started with a faulty outlet in the home's kitchen.
Fire crews were called to the mobile home near Hydraulic and Denker around ten o'clock Friday night. When they arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the south end of the home and were told a man was still inside.
At the home's back door crews found a neighbor pulling 55-year-old Stephen Baughman from the home. Emergency crews took Baughman to a Wichita hospital where he died of his injuries.
Investigators say a malfunction of wiring and an outlet in the home's kitchen started the fire.