(HUTCHINSON, Kan.) — UPDATE MONDAY 3pmDozens of residents of a Hutchinson apartment building are still out of their homes, after a fire.
The fire broke out Sunday morning in the 100 block of east Avenue A in Hutchinson.
It started on a second floor balcony.
Neighbors who live above saw the flames and went down the hallways, pounding on people's doors to get them all out.
Smoke damaged several of the apartments, although the flames were limited to the balcony area.
The damage means a couple of days away from home for about 50 residents.
And it's not over yet because crews are still working to get the sprinkler and alarm system operating.
Hopefully, that will be done in time for residents to get back inside Tuesday.
Fifty people in Hutchinson had to find another place to stay the night after fire breaks out at their apartment complex.
The blaze started around 9:30 Sunday morning in the 100 block of East Avenue A.