(DODGE CITY, Kan.) — More major highway projects are coming to Kansas as part of the state's new 10-year transportation plan.
Thursday Governor Sam Brownback joined local and transportation officials in Dodge City to announce projects for western Kansas.
The projects include:
- Expand U.S. 50 to a four-lane expressway from Dodge City to Cimarron.
- Expand U.S. 54 to a four-lane expressway from Liberal 10 miles to the northeast in Seward County.
- Reconstruct U.S. 281 in Russell County
- Straighten curves on K-27 in Wallace County
- Improve shoulders on K-383 in Phillips and Norton Counties.