(WICHITA, Kan.) — Blame fireworks for a few fires over the holiday weekend – Firefighters fought flames at the Sleepy Hollow apartments near Central and Hillside in Wichita Monday.
Today fire investigators tell us they believe kids were shooting off fireworks that landed on the roof -burning the chimney. The fire caused more than $25,000 in damage.
A Wichita home near Pawnee and Meridian also caught fire because fireworks weren't disposed of properly. Officials say someone put used fireworks in a bag and left them in the bed of a truck inside the home's garage.