(WICHITA, Kan.) — Wichita firefighters believe an electrical malfunction is to blame for a house fire that left one woman hospitalized.
Crews were called to the 9900 block of Briarwood, which is near 13th and Maize, around 5:30 Monday morning.
When crews got there, they found a woman who was having trouble breathing because of smoke inhalation. She was taken to St. Francis in serious condition.
She told crews that her smoke detector went off and woke her up. She heard some popping sounds and immediately got out of the house. She was the only person here.
Crews were able to make quick work of the fire.
It caused around $50,000 in damage.