(WICHITA, Kan.) — The shell of the home on North Minnesota still stands. As do the questions about what caused it to explode on December 20, 2011.
The explosion critically burned Mikayla Frierson, her 2-year-old daughter and boyfriend. Now she is suing for more than $75,000.
The lawsuit alleges that ONEOK and Kansas Gas Properties, "...engaged in ultrahazardous and abnormally dangerous activities in controlling, operating, managing, maintaining, monitoring and servicing gas lines to and in close proximity to the home."
The lawsuit continues to say, because of those actions, "...natural gas escaped, exploded and resulted in Frierson's profound personal injuries and other damages."
In late december investigators said the explosion was sparked by a space heater the family was using to heat the home, but added they did find a gas leak outside the house. Soil samples are now being tested to try and determine exactly what happened.