(TOPEKA, Kan.) — Workers hit a gas line in Topeka, causing a home to explode. The explosion happened Monday morning in the 1900 block of SW Navajo.
Topeka fire investigators say a sprinkler system was being installed when a gas line was struck, causing the explosion. The house was leveled and one victim, an unidentified female, was taken to a nearby hospital. The extent of the victims injuries are unknown at this time.
Eyewitness News is following the story - look for updates as they become available.