(WICHITA, Kan.) — Update from Sedgwick County:Road Closures
- Pawnee, between Woodlawn and Webb
- Part of Harry & Webb
- Rock Road, between Harry & Pawnee
- Southbound 47th St. S. & K-15
- Oaklawn -
- Citizens are reminded to continue to avoid the areas of 39th St. South to 63rd St. South and Hydraulic to K-15.
- Residents of Oaklawn need to show I.D. to return to their homes.
- Pinaire Mobile Home Park residents are not being allowed to return to their residence as emergency crews are still assessing damage to the area. This area has sustained significant damage.
- Salvation Army canteens are located in the 47th St. & Clifton area to assist residents with food and water.
- The Derby Recreation Center sheltered 29 individuals overnight with the majority being bused back to their residence in Oaklawn this morning.
- Cherry Creek (Pawnee and Rock Rd.) –
- Long Term Acute Care Center (8080 E. Pawnee) has sustained damage and has no power. Approximately 18 patients are being transported as cautionary measure to area hospitals.
- Citizens are reminded to continue to avoid the Rock Road and Pawnee St. areas.
- Southeast Wichita
- Rock Road to Webb Rd and Pawnee to Harry St. are areas that citizens are being asked to avoid due to significant tree and power line damages.
It is imperative that anyone wishing to assist not go directly to any damaged areas as emergency crews are working to access the areas. Anyone wishing to assist residents and communities affected by last evening’s tornados should contact United Way’s 211 call center.