(WICHITA, Kan.) —
A 16-month-old toddler and man were critically injured in a house fire in South Wichita. It happened on the 4700 block of South Main around 4:00AM.
Authorities say the 29 year old man was injured while trying to save the child. "He had to pretty much go through some fire and some other materials," says Lt. Joe Evans of the Wichita Fire Department. "He was able to get the baby out.
A 27 year old woman and 7 year old girl were able to get our safely.
A fire investigator says the blaze was started by a faulty box fan. The fire was contained to a hallway and part of the attic.