(WICHITA, Kan.) — The fire was first noticed by a parent who was dropping their child off at Exploration Place for summer camp there.
Eyewitnesses say the fire started after a man with a weed whacker went by.
Firefighters arrived within minutes of the report and quickly put the small grass fire out.
Crews later determined that the device was an edger which can throw sparks if the blade strikes the sidewalk.
With the state's dry weather it may only take a stray spark to start a grass fire.Grass fire at Exploration Place may have been started by a lawn edger.