(WICHITA, Kan.) — Changes are coming to the security lines at Wichita's Mid-Continent Airport starting Tuesday.
When the project is complete, the setup will be completely different. It will feature four lines, two going east and two going west.The work is expected to be complete by August 22.
Passengers are still advised to arrive two-hours before their flight, especially during construction, to avoid delays getting through security.
- East concourse glass installation will begin Friday evening, August 3
- Installation will be accomplished at night
- Exit lane (for arriving passengers) will be along east wall of checkpoint ramp
- Arriving passengers on the east concourse may find the construction area congested and confusing
- East lane – 2 x-rays will be installed Tuesday night, August 7
- East lane – 1 x-ray will be installed Wednesday night, August 8
- Portion of west concourse glass will be installed
- West lane – 2 x-rays will be installed Thursday night, August 9
- Existing lane configuration will remain in place until Monday night, August 13
- Tuesday Morning, August 14 – 3 lanes will be operational
- 2 on east concourse
- 1 on west concourse